Sunday, October 3, 2010

What's with the nickname?

   I know you're probably wanting to hear about where and how I got the nickname Fluffy right? No? Well you're going to hear it anyways.

  It was 3 years ago, I was in 7th grade. Every lunch, my friend (let's call her Jeff) and I would walk around the school yard and talk about the most random things.

  So one day, we passed by a couple little girls, who couldn't be any older than 7, who were playing in the sand. For some reason they started to follow us. The one girl asked what Jeff's name was. So Jeff said her name was Jeff. The little girl replied " It's not anymore, your new name is Bob."

  I stood there laughing, and then the little girls turned to me. " And your name is Fluffy Caterson." They followed us around calling us Bob and Fluffy Caterson all year. They told their friends about us. I was pretty popular amongst the little kids. I know, it's not something I like to brag about.

  For the rest of my time at that school, all the little kids, and most of my friends, called me Fluffy. As stupid as that name is, it grew on me. Jeff's name never stuck.

  So that's where my nickname came from, a couple of random, demanding little girls. So since you sat here and read my very interesting story... that was sarcasm by the way... do you guys have any interesting or weird nicknames?  If so comment telling me what it is and how you got it.

Talk to you guys later!

**Fluffy**

1 comment:

  1. Kids are the best. (I say that like I'm not one.) Great creativity practice subjects- the hard part is breaking it to them that you can't buy turkeys at the local pet store.

    ReplyDelete